Wednesday, March 7, 2012

iPhoneography with PowerCam


Over the past few years, I have become pretty attached to my iPhone. I carry it everywhere, have a special pocket for it in my purse…it even sleeps next to my bed. And being a photographer, one of the things I love about it are all the fun camera apps that are available. Now to all you potential clients out there - don't worry, I won't be shooting your next session on my iPhone! But for everyday photos on the fly, it is pretty handy. 
A few of my favorite apps which you may have heard of are Instagram, Camera+, Hipstamatic and Pro HDR. 
I recently stumbled upon another one called PowerCam which has basic camera functions such as grid, zoom, and self-timer and also has a ton of cool fliters. These filters show up in real time, so as you're composing your photo, you see exactly what it will look like.  
To show you just a few of the fun effects, I have taken some shots of a wonderful subject - my Seinfeld Trivia game.   I love how easy it is to change the look of your photos by simply applying a different filter.  Another cool feature is that these effects can also be applied to videos.  I hope you enjoy PowerCam as much as I do! Download it here for free on iTunes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment