Earlier this month, I spent a chilly winter afternoon photographing the Maple Grove Polar Bear Plunge. More than 780 people jumped into the freezing water at this event and raised $158,000 to support Special Olympics Minnesota! There are several more events yet this winter if you are inspired to take the plunge yourself! http://www.plungemn.org/
Monday, February 25, 2013
Thursday, February 21, 2013
I'm shipping out an order to this super cute family today. What a fun session - halfway through it, the kids needed to take a quick break to show me how they dance Gangnam Style. I love cozy sessions at home...and with the beautiful snow it's fun to put on a coat and snap a few outside too! We even fit in a snowball fight. :) Here are a few from their session:
Friday, February 8, 2013
Every Valentine's Day I love making photos cards for my daughter to give out to her friends. We've had a lot of fun coming up with ideas and making the cards come to life. Here is this year's creation which was very simple to make.
- Empty wrapping paper tube
- White wrapping paper (or patterned paper turned inside out works too!)
- Scissors and tape
- Somewhere to print your photos
1. Wrap your empty wrapping paper tube with white paper and tape down the seam.
2. Take some photos of your child holding the paper tube like it's a giant lollipop stick. This is the fun part - Megan loved looking up and pretending she was looking at a giant Tootsie Pop!
4. Punch a small hole near the top of the stick and insert your lollipop. Viola!
P.S. Here's our card from last year. Similar idea - just hold out your hand, make a fist and pretend you're holding the lollipop:
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Here are a few of my favorite shots from a recent maternity session with a beautiful mom and dad to be!